The wizzy will not let me in, and thinks I am someone else!
Entered by: Mandy
Date: 2006-05-07 Relevant to: Arolos and DF
Summary: Are you getting an authentication error that looks a bit like this?
This is because your web browser has not refreshed your page properly from when you last logged into the wizzy. In order to fix it you need to do the following:
In Internet Explorer
1) On the menus open the option under Tools called Internet Options.
2) On the general tab, which is the first displayed you will have three sections. The middle one called Temporary Internet Files has a Settings button. Press it.
3) In the settings window that pops up make sure that you select to check for newer versions of web pages Every visit to the page.
4) When this is done click on OK.
1) On the menus open the option under Tools called Options.
2) Click on the Privacy icon and then on the tab for Cache
3) Towards the bottom of the tab you have a button that say's "Clear Cache Now" - press it. Then set the disc space for the cache to be 0 (as in zero)
4) When this is done click OK.
Specific instructions are not currently available for other web browsers, however, the principle is that you will need to ensure that the browser is not storing the dynamic page information in the cache.
Once these settings are in place, close all web windows before trying to log into the wizzy again.
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are copyrightę Anne McCaffrey 1967,2005, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author.
The Dragonriders of Pern« is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with permission. Use or reproduction without a license is strictly prohibited.